Thursday 3 May 2012

May Birthstone - Emerald

As some of you may know I have written a series of children's stories, The Birthstone Unicorns, that are centred around the months of the year and their unique birthstone. As promised I have posted details of this month's birthstone, Emerald, in the side bar. I will be updating this every month so be sure to pop back regularly. Check out the month of your birthday or that of a friend or loved one. Below is the verse for May taken from an old birthstone poem first published in 1870 from the Gregorian Calender.


          "Who first beholds the light of day
                 In spring's sweet, flower month of May
           And wears an Emerald all her life
             Shall be a loved and a loving wife."
I shall be posting an extract from my Emerald Birthstone Unicorn Story over the weekend. In the meantime, Happy Birthday to all who celebrate a birthday this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!