Friday 17 July 2015

Celebrate the small things


Tonight I am off to see a Beach Boys tribute band in a cave. Yes, I did say a cave! I have never been to the venue before, there are a bunch of us going so it should be fun. I'll tell you more about it next week.

In the garden my hydrangeas are looking lovely. As many of you know, I am partial to a bit of folklore, and the hydrangea is not a plant I have investigated before, so I decided to do a little research. Should an unlucky man or woman fall victim to a witch's curse, the hydrangea could be used to break it. On a lighter note, it represents friendship, devotion and understanding. I just think they look pretty, especially with their mass of huge blooms. Late in the season I like to cut and dry the dead heads and use in Christmas decorations.


We are still getting rhubarb from the garden. It has produced lots this year and I have frozen some, made crumbles, and given quite a bit away to friends. I have also made some rhubarb gin which should be ready in a couple of weeks. I looked at it in the cupboard last night and it has gone a lovely pale pink colour. 

I hope you've all got some lovely things to celebrate and be thankful for this week. Big or small, it's good to remember them. 





Thanks to Lexa and her lovely co-hosts
 L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge 

Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog

Happy weekend

18 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Beach Boys reunion Suzanne. Have a great week-end.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the concert. The flowers are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the Beach Boy Tribute band, We have a Pink Floyd coming here soon. Your hydrangea's look like mine. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hydrangeas are so interesting, Suzanne. Thanks for sharing the news with us. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha enjoy the cave, hopefully no bears decide it is theirs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily all was safe inside ... maybe the odd bat!

      Delete
  6. Enjoy the cave and the hydrangea's are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our hydrangeas are blooming now too. Good! That part of the garden needed some more color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, I love a bit of rhubarb crumble. Those flowers are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just planted my rhubarb this Spring, and although it's growing, it's not enough to really enjoy. Next year? Those flowers are gorgeous! And enjoy the cave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think ours took a year or two to settle in. Had loads this year.

      Delete
  10. Hi Suzanne,

    Rhubarb and let's get ready to crumble! I love rhubarb. Hope the Beach Boys tribute band was a lot of fun. A rave in the cave and hopefully surf isn't up.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Suzanne.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A rave in a cave indeed! Thanks for the visit, Gary.

      Delete
  11. Must hear about that cave experience! Sounds acoustically brilliant. Love rhubarb and mine is thriving in spite of the drought. Bless it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love hydrangeas! When we buy a house (hopefully later this year), I would love to plant some and see if they'll grow (though with my lackluster gardening skills, we'll see...). The blue ones are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love hydrangeas but had trouble with them this year. We're having a drought around these parts. I saw the original Beach Boys in concert about 16 years ago. They were looking like they belonged in a cave.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!