Thursday 23 August 2012

Be Inspired

Recently, Peggy Shumway at Fragrance of Thought tagged me for this meme. Thank you Peggy.

This meme gives us the chance to share some information about our current projects by answering some questions.

What is the name of your book?
I am still working on a final title but at the moment I am going with, ARROSAY KEY OF ESMELDA. I might try and shorten it as it feels a little wordy.

Where did the idea for your book come from?
If I'm being honest I can't quite remember! The seed of the story definitely started with the image of stumbling across a bridge that seemed to serve no purpose. I kept wondering why it was there and the temptation to cross it was too great!

In what genre would you classify your book?
Fantasy. Written for the teen market.

If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition who would you choose?
This is tricky. I can see my three main characters so clearly in my head when I write that I'm not sure I can pick anyone at the moment!

Give us a one sentence synopsis of your book?
Two worlds, two families - joined across time and generations.

Is your book already published?
Sadly no.

How long did it take you to write your book?
About 8 months to get a first draft and to run through it again on an initial edit. Additionally, the last 3 months have involved editing and rewriting sections following feedback. I think I have about another month of edits to do before I am ready to send it out into the world.

What other books within your genre would you compare it to? Or readers of which books would enjoy yours?
Although I would never wish to compare myself directly to anyone else's work I guess this story may appeal to lovers of, 'The Narnia Chronicles' by C.S. Lewis.

Which authors inspired you to write this book?
Probably every author of every book I've ever read! Seriously, I think anyone who writes, whether published or not, is an inspiration.

Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book?
There are dwarves, goblins, hairy trolls and stone gargoyles that come to life. A super cool talking rat and labrador dogs that row boats! An orb that can foretell the future and a whistle that can freeze time. Evil swamp creatures called, Aswang and the magical, Borah who live above the clouds. Oh yes, and if that isn't enough, there's a beautiful princess and her snow cat!

I hope you enjoyed finding out a little more about my WIP, now I have to tag 5 others to participate.

My apologies if you have already been tagged with this one or it isn't relevant to you at the moment it is hard to keep track of these sometimes.

http://scribbleandedit.blogspot.co.uk/
http://lgkeltner.blogspot.co.uk/
http://davidpowersking.blogspot.co.uk/
http://randominteruptions.blogspot.co.uk/
http://inkinthebook.blogspot.co.uk/



25 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag! I'll post about this as soon as I have the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Chronicles of Narnia! And I can never select actors to play my characters. No one really fits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, Alex I'm glad it's not just me! I trawled through some pics of actors but no one seemed to fit!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tag! I can see where you would be inspired by Chronicles of Narnia. I like that one too! I read "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" as a child and I still love the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such wonderful stories to lose yourself in. I look forward to reading your post.

      Delete
  4. Oh, yay! Thanks for the tag! I have been reading several different blog tags/awards that sort of thing and wishing someone would tag me. What writer doesn't enjoy talking a little bit about their manuscripts? Thanks! I'll be posting mine in a day or two.
    And the Chronicles of Narnia has been a favorite of my family for ages. I can't wait to read your story. I love yur writing style:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are pleased and I look forward to reading your post soon. Sometimes being able to talk about our work makes it seem more real. Thanks for your lovely encouraging comments too.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the tag! The Chronicles of Narnia is amazing!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun meme. Good luck with the rest of your edits :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh bless you Suzanne for tagging me. I enjoyed your answers. Good luck with the MS acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Madeleine, it's nice to share your work with others.

      Delete
  8. This was WAY fun! I really enjoyed reading this, Suzanne! And great one sentence synopsis---definitely hooking. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Morgan, glad you enjoyed reading it.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your story sounds great - good luck with the edits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I like the idea of the bridge! Cool starting place. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is quite the fanciful sounding story with a unique name to go with it.


    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Arlee and your kind comments.

      Delete
  13. That sounds like a way fun story. Thanks for the tag and sharing these awesome details! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!