Friday 28 April 2017

Celebrate the small things

Dropping in to post another little clutch of celebrations. Always important to remember those small things that made us smile, grin or laugh out loud!

Something that made me smile this week - The return of these little guys! For several years now they (or their descendants I suppose!) nest on an alarm box outside our bedroom window. Last year we were trying to fit some new guttering and had to delay this section until the birds had flown. Sure they make quite a bit of mess but I love watching them and waking up to the sounds of the little ones chirping from the nest. Their nest will reach right up to the boards by the time they have finished building.


Something that made me grin this week -  Finishing a round of edits! Always a good feeling even if there may be more work still to do down the line. It's good to celebrate that sense of achievement and to remind yourself that 'yes, I can do this writing thing!'


And something that made me laugh out loud! - I went to see the comedian John Bishop in a pre-tour warm-up show.

Finally,  in the UK we have May Bank Holiday this weekend, so I'm giving a shout-out to the three day weekend!


                                                     Thanks to Lexa and her lovely co-hosts
            L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge 
       Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog

14 comments:

  1. That alarm box sounds like a fabulous idea Suzanne.

    Enjoy your week-end.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY to the 3 day weekend!!! And completing a round of edits feels so good. I love the birds nesting close to your window, sweet. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three day weekends are always good. Enjoy!

    Marilyn @ http://www.onbecomingawriter.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sure enjoy that spot. Getting edits done is always a win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I love when birds nest near my place. So cute! I love watching the babies grow. Glad you have these regulars! :)
    And congrats on the edits. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne - wonderful to see the little house sparrows? Well done on finishing your edits and then getting a chance to see John Bishop live -fun ... cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/x-is-for-x-war-facts.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those birds would make me smile too. I keep waiting for birds to discover my bird house. Have not heard of the comedian you mention but a good laugh is so worth it. Healthy for the soul and body!

    Shells–Tales–Sails

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bird song is a beautiful way to wake up. Have a lovely bank holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by everyone. I appreciate all your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The birds are worth a celebration--how sweet! Enjoy the long weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great list of things to celebrate. We have birds that nest on our balcony. TBH, I'm less of an enthusiast than you and don't really like chirping waking me up. Yay for editing progress, for a fun night of comedy, and for extra days off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the picture of those birds. One spring two doves nested in the grapevine above our garage and raised two separate sets of baby doves. It was so sweet. Do you know what kinds of birds are nesting on your alarm box?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad the little birds came back to visit Suzanne and you got lots done on your book. Great things to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!