Thursday 18 January 2018

New Year Update

I know I've been sorely lacking in my blogging of late. The new year is already nearly three weeks old and I am still trying to get myself into a routine that works for me and my commitments. I've been struggling with a few things and I have felt mentally exhausted and somewhat overwhelmed by life. I need to take a bit of 'me time' so I may continue to be a little sporadic over the next week or two.

Writing wise I am still working on a first draft. Progress has been slow over the last month but every sentence counts and I am determined to complete it as soon as practical. I enjoy the editing process so I am sure I will feel energised when I get to that stage! I have also subbed a couple of finished stories so projects still out in the big wide world!

It's my birthday tomorrow, so hopefully a nice meal out with the family will be in order this weekend.

I hope the new year has started well for you all and that 2018 brings you lots of happiness.

13 comments:

  1. Go and enjoy your birthday on Friday!
    Good stuff on the writing. Get it done so you can get to the fun editing part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne - just enjoy your birthday, take your time and settle back when you're ready - Happy Birthday ... and enjoy the weekend ... big hugs - cheers Hilary

    PS well done on all the writing ... and then you'll pick up and there'll be more - take care and just enjoy the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every sentence counts indeed. Hope you have a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to heart from you Suzanne, have a wonderful birthday.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, Happy Birthday! Good luck with the writing. I was too busy to write this week for me but hope to squeeze some time in this weekend. Hope you find your blogging schedule too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Suzanne. Have a great day. I'm sure you'll get into the writing routine again soon and you'll be refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne,

    Please, never worry about a lack of blogging. I know, all to well, how the momentum can slip a bit. Your writing shall progress at a pace that's conducive to you. All will be fine for you will not put pressure on your good self.

    I hope you had a marvellous birthday, Suzanne.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah, I know what you mean about struggling to find a routine.

    It's taken me more than a year to find what I think could be a routine that works for me, and even now, it's feeling tenuous.

    All the best for 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life has been overwhelming me, too, so I completely understand your need to take some "me" time. And aw, happy belated birthday! Hope it was wonderful for you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello everyone, thanks for visiting. I have been away expectantly for a couple of days, but will catch up with you real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Suzanne, and belated Happy Birthday. I haven't been too regular in my blogging, either, although I'm back now and enjoying it again. I think everyone needs a break now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sure identify with your attempt to organize life things and blogging. I'm trying -- I guess that's all we can do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Test Troxin You also desire to make sure that you dont cut fat completely through your food plan. If you do you can trick your body into storing fat. Fat is vital for other things in your body since brain objective. Natural therapies are a good option too property of these marks. http://t-rexmuscleadvice.com/test-troxin/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!