Friday 22 September 2017

Celebrate the small things

It has been a while since I posted for the celebrations hop. My blogging over the summer has been a little erratic and life has been busy, but this is a hop I enjoy posting for so thought I would drop back in.  I like to look at the positives so taking time to reflect and remember the little things that made me smile is important!

  • I did a two day first aid course for work this week. It was very intense but was good to refresh my skills. Never know when we might need it.
  • Started wearing socks again. Weather is cooler and I hate cold feet!
  • I've not managed any writing but have done some thinking and pondering which counts right?
  • The woodpecker has been visiting the garden this week. I love to see him pecking away at the insects on the lawn.
  • I am going to a Wedding Fayre with my eldest daughter this weekend. She is getting married in 2019 so we thought we would go along and get some ideas and hopefully have some fun.
  • Our youngest daughter is 22 on Sunday. We haven't spent a birthday with her for three years as she was away at university so will be nice to be able to have a meal and celebrate together.
Wishing you all a happy weekend


Thanks to Lexa and her lovely co-hosts
            L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge 
       Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog


13 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne - I rather wish I was more knowledgeable about first aid ... I have the fear of someone falling over in front of me - and me having no idea what to do ... especially as I rarely carry my phone with me! Guess things would develop!.

    Wonderful enjoy the weekend with your daughter at the wedding fayre - getting ideas etc ... and then the birthday celebrations with your other daughter - enjoy the dinner and being together.

    It is definitely getting chillier ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good wedding fayre! And thinking definitely counts as writing - it's a very important part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a good thing to know about first aid Suzanne, I too have got my socks on. Enjoy your wedding fayre with daughter and have a lovely week-end.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun to start planning your daughter's wedding. I'm going to Cleveland with my boyfriend to see Shakespeare in Love. And I think that thinking about your writing is good too. That's all I can do sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't posted in at least two weeks, it's not good!
    Have a great time at the wedding fayre, and celebrating your daughter's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy Sunday with your daughter!
    I can't imagine planning for a wedding that's two years away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun weekend will sure be had. Did training this week too, ugg, but good to know indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate cold feet too!! A writer is always pondering...

    Congrats to your daughter. You have your work cut out for you. Have fun celebrating her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have lovely things to celebrate this week, Suzanne. I love weddings. It's so exciting you're planning one for your daughter. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are so many wonderful things going on this past week at your place. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you've had plenty to celebrate! Hope the wedding planning and birthday were fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you're looking on the bright side of the cold feet problem. I shall follow your example ... The cooler weather gives me an excuse to wear my big, fluffy purple socks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such great things happening all around you that you will be refreshed and your creative well will be refilled!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!