Wednesday 1 June 2016

Insecure Writers Support Group (June)


The months do sure roll by don't they? June already and the first of the month means the writing blogosphere tackles those writerly insecurities that never seem far away for most of us. Saying that though, I haven't got anything new to add this month. Yes, I've got the usual doubts chasing each other around my head but I am coping with them. Maybe it's because things have been busy in my daily life that I have been able to keep them under control. I've got a novel and a short story out on submission and a germ of a new idea floating around, so of course I think about these a lot, but I have had to spend time recently on tackling the garden and running around after family, add that to work and the usual domestic chores and it is clear to see where my time and energy has been focused. 

However, I do want to nurture that new idea and see if I can start putting some flesh on it. I am a happier person when I have a writing project, it's when I truly feel like 'me.' Even hubs told me I need to write. . .  so he can tell the difference when I'm not!

So, time to sharpen that pencil and grab a notebook. . . there are new stories and characters to create.

Do you feel different when you haven't got a writing project on the go or do you enjoy the break from writing?


Thanks for stopping by.



                                                            Thanks to Alex J Cavanaugh 
                          Murees Dupe, Alexia Chamberlynn, Chemist Ken, and Heather 
                          Gardner

25 comments:

  1. So pleased your toying with a new idea!! I've always got something brewing in this little head of mine. A current WIP kept me awake last night, so I'm a bit blarey today. Pesky characters - far too noisy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I liked the breaks between projects, but I'm happier when I'm writing too. Good-luck with your new project. You definitely have to write it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it very theraputic to write and your post just sums up what many people feel.
    Great to read Suzanne.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem is, when I have a new project, I want to project and ignore everything. I know I'm not alone in that. Many people feel that way, but I have 4 kids at home ALL THE TIME and all the mess/attention required there. If I don't have a project, there's so much going one that I don't miss it until it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband has spoken - write!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go through prolific spurts of writing. As I finish up my latest and get it published I'm already contemplating which of several ideas I want to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Writing can sure get one in a better mood, at least for writers and then those around us lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely think that I feel better when I'm writing - like you, it finally feels like I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing whenever I sit down and write. I feel more content with myself, and with life in general. Best of luck with the new project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy a break from writing? Never! I'm happiest when I'm writing. Always. Invariably. Without a doubt :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I enjoy writing breaks and believe we all need them, I feel most stimulated when I'm working on a story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. After I clear my plate, I feel great for about 2 days. Then I begin getting antsy. By the end of the 4th day, I'm not fun to be around. Haha. But my house is clean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yes, the garden. I've had to force myself away from the keyboard in order to plant the flats I bought for my yard. Years ago, before I was bitten by the writing bug, I use to spend countless weeks preparing and planting the flower garden. Those days are long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzanne - that's wonderful your hubby is supportive ... but life for a mother and wife, and gardener! ... all takes time - still different thoughts - different actions and some fresh air ...

    Glad things are progressing - all the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  14. I told myself after this last editing project I was going to take a break. I did take a break from querying, which has calmed my nerves. But I have a 7k wip sitting in the wings, which seems to have lost its muse. Wishing you a great summer with family and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I finish a project, I feel at loose ends. Not sure what to start next. Goal-less. Tackling a new project is great. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you all for stopping by and your lovely comments. Wishing you all the best with your various writing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Suzanne,

    Hang on, I've finally arrived and it's almost four in the morning. Yep, nature called for the dog!

    I think a break from writing can be just the tonic to rejuvenate the passion for the written word. During such breaks, the observational skills of all around, keeps me tuned for when I come out of writing hibernation.

    All the best, Suzanne.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I get irritable and frustrated when I can't get time to write. Writing definitely makes me happy. The more, the better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Breaks are good. I get some of my best ideas when I'm off wandering around and not thinking about writing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's interesting your husband can tell the difference when you're not able to write. It's nice that he's so supportive! Hope it's going well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad you're happy and finding time to write Suzanne. Good luck to you with the submissions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad you're happy and finding time to write Suzanne. Good luck to you with the submissions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've always found I work better and more when things are busy. When it's slow, it's easy to procrastinate and go even slower...
    Good luck with your submissions!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!