Friday 15 January 2016

Celebrate the small things

I am on the brink of a celebration that sort of starts this weekend. I'll just whisper it for now but it's my birthday next Tuesday. And it is one of those with a '0' on the end so I guess it is something special. I don't really worry about age - it's a number and I much prefer words to numbers anyway, but it's a milestone to mark so happy birthday to me! It starts today because our youngest is coming home for the weekend so we can celebrate together. Tuesday will be a work day so it makes sense to celebrate a day or two early.

Last weekend I spent some time getting stuck into my manuscript. I hadn't worked on it over Christmas so was a little apprehensive  how I'd feel about it, but I am pleased to say I am happy with how it is progressing. There are a couple of plot issues I need to address but I feel quite confident so far.

Managed two different types of exercise classes this week. Again, this sort of slid over the festive period but pleased to be getting back into things again. Amazing how quickly you seem to lose the fitness . . . or maybe that's an age thing!


Happy weekend

 

Thanks to Lexa and her lovely co-hosts
 L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge 
Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog

25 comments:

  1. Oh, how exciting! Wishing you the happiest of birthdays! ~\o/~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne - lovely to read your youngest is coming home this weekend - enjoy the time and happy early celebrations ... glad the routine of getting to grips with the excercise, etc is kicking in - as too the writing ... have a lovely time - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday for next Tuesday Suzanne, I am not into birthdays right now when I suddenly realised (how young( I won't use the word old I am.
    Have a great day.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday early! Yeah, those ones with the zero at the end are tough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy one with zero Birthday! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your good wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a wonderful Birthday, Suzanne. I'm sure you'll make great progress with your writing projects. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Have a great time celebrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Stretch out and enjoy the birthday celebrations as long as possible. Glad to hear you've gotten into the writing swing of things. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a fabulous pre-birthday weekend, and celebrating with family and friends!!! Wishing you a Happy Birthday, Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you a super Happy Birthday! And yay for getting work done on your ms and being pleased with your progress! Have a great celebration weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy early birthday, and good luck with writing and exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful weekend it looks like being for you and remember you're only as old as you feel :) Many Happy Returns for Tuesday - Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday in advance!!! I hope you get spoiled rotten!


    Cheers to another year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday in advance!!! I hope you get spoiled rotten!


    Cheers to another year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, but you soon get the fitness back, Suzanne. Have a splendid birthday - yeah, it's only a number.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday!!!!

    I'm glad you like where your story is taking you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday. Hope you and your loved ones had a wicked fun celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, it's Tuesday... Happy Birthday! I hope they were nice to you at work :-)

    Losing fitness is normal over Christmas. The good news is it bounces right back when you get back into routine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday! I'm sending cheese and happy thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday! Hope it was a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Suzanne,

    Hope you didn't get too stuck into your manuscript. That could prove to be a sticky situation :)

    The momentum will return in your fitness plans.

    Oops and happy belated birthday! :)

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  24. Belated Happy Birthday!
    And, well done you on getting back to exercise classes and for celebrating the small things.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday! I'm late to celebrate, but that's not unusual. I tend to be late to a lot of things.... Hope you had a marvelous day.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!