Wednesday 4 May 2016

Insecure Writers Support Group (May)


Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh for hosting our monthly gathering.
With thanks also to this month's co-hosts;



If I just say I've entered the submission ring again this week I'm sure all you writers out there will know how I'm feeling! A mixture of excitement and fear with a dollop of insecurity thrown in!

I would also like to share a quote that has been sitting on my desk over the last few weeks spurring me on in it's own way . . .

"Writers remember everything . . . especially the hurts. Strip a writer to the buff, point to the scars, and he'll tell you the story of each small one. From the big ones you get novels. A little talent is a nice thing to have if you want to be a writer, but the only real requirement is the ability to remember the story of every scar. 

Art consists of the persistence of memory."

By Stephen King author of Misery.


15 comments:

  1. You're right! Just knowing that you're submitting again will strike terror into the hearts of most writers. Well, perhaps not me so much since I haven't had the pleasure of submitting yet, but I'm sure the insecurities will come when I do. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for jumping into the ring! As scary as it is, you won't get anywhere if you don't try. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Suzanne! How fun it is to visit your blog today as an IWSG co-host! Congrats on your submission! And good luck! I enjoyed the Stephen King quote. He is such a talented and prolific writer. I recently read his novel "11/22/63" based on Kennedy's assignation. It was genius! Happy writing in May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Suzanne, loved the qoute, lovely to see you back.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and congratulations on getting your work submission ready! I hope you get great news soon. And I love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing a much luck and success. Like the quote,

    Happy IWSG Day,
    Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck with your submission!! Great quote, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes writers are by nature a sensitive group of people. I have my share of battle wounds and scars.

    May 2016 IWSG Co-Host
    May the 4th Be With You
    Stephen Tremp’s Breakthrough Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck!
    Maybe I'm just not banged up enough...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cat has given me plenty of actual scars lol Good luck indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting that you're submitting. I hope you keep us updated on your progress.

    I love that quote. Sometimes my reflection of a "scar" can trigger all sorts of story ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzanne - well done for being on track .. and that quote is a great one isn't it ... so put your clothes back on and forget the scars - plan for the future .... and very good luck - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi all, thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts and comments, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the quote you shared. It is so true! Only sometimes it can be hard to put all of your emotion into a piece you've written. Best of luck on your submission! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a great quote! I hadn't seen it before. Funny, but isn't that the title of the Dali melting clocks painting, The Persistence of Memory...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!