Friday 22 May 2015

Celebrate the small things


I ran out of time and energy to post last week - apologies to anyone who visited expecting to read a post. However, I do have several things to be thankful for, so without further ado, this week I am happy to celebrate:

* A Bank Holiday weekend and the start of a week's half-term holiday (UK). Looking forward to extra time to do some writing and spend some time with family. Not quite so appealing is the list of household chores to be done, but hey that's life!

* Youngest daughter is home in a few days for the summer break from university. Whilst the eldest has just finished her Advertising degree and considering what comes next. Honestly, I do not know where that three years went. Seems like only last week I was saying she was about to start!

*In a few days hubby and I will be celebrating our 30th (Pearl) Wedding Anniversary. Once again, it hardly seems possible that all those years have gone by. I was young when I got married, but I think we are proof it can work. Not sure how we are celebrating but I understand there is a surprise planned for next week. Exciting ....




Thanks to our lovely host Lexa and her team of co-hosts

 L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge

Katie @ TheCyborgMom

21 comments:

  1. It's always wonderful to have the children around you, even though they're grown they're still our babies.

    WOW!!! 30 years!! Happy Anniversary!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will always be our babies :) Thanks for the good wishes, Cathrina.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on 30 years. Holiday's are always good too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 30th Anniversary! I hope to get to that many years :)
    And congrats about both your daughters!
    Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Madilyn and your good wishes.

      Delete
  4. Isn't it amazing how a "free" day gets filled up with so many plans, and if you're anything like me, you'll accomplish less than half because like shopping with an empty stomach, desire exceeds ability! Congrats to your daughter for graduating! Happy Anniversary on your 30th! I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, the list is always longer! Thanks, Lexa :)

      Delete
  5. Enjoy time with your daughter and congrats to her! Happy Anniversary! So many great things to celebarate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 30th Anniversary! Hope the surprise is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Hope it's not bungee jumping or something!
      Thanks, Sarah.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on making it 30 years. Enjoy your weekend, and hope you'll have a good time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy Anniversary. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is a great celebration! Happy 30th! Enjoy time with your daughter, Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on such a wonderful milestone! My anniversary is today:) Hope you get to celebrate extra special for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzanne,

    Hearty congrats, my dear friend, to you and your hubby, on your thirtieth wedding anniversary. I find it hard to believe you've been married that long. Didn't even think you were thirty years old.

    Have a great time with your daughter and that surprise parade in your honour.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary. Hope you have a wonderful celebration. And enjoy the summer with your daughter. It must be great to have her home again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzanne - congratulations on those 30 years ... wonderful pearls of time ... and your daughters are a huge credit to you .. yes I think I remember them going off to Uni ... so pleased for you all .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!