With thanks as ever to our host Viklit and her team of co-hosts;
The last couple of weeks have been crazy busy! I've been to London on a school residential. Lots of fun but exhausting! We packed lots in including, The National History Museum, The London Eye, The British Museum and Hampton Court. But the highlight for me was seeing the Lion King. I love the big West End musicals and I have never seen this one. I wasn't disappointed. The costumes and singing were amazing.
We didn't have all that long at Hampton Court and I would love to go back again, maybe without loads of kids so I can fully appreciate it! There are some beautiful examples of stained glass and the rose garden smelled divine.
Other celebrations worth mentioning from the last fortnight are;
- A night in a nice hotel with hubby. He was working but I got to enjoy this great view for the day!
View from balcony. Hotel was only 25 miles from home but felt like a real holiday as the weather was perfect.
- The half term break to catch up on some sleep!
- Two fun nights out with friends.
- Cleaning the cooker (hate that job!).
- Having a wardrobe clear-out and doing some recycling.
- Getting a first draft completed. So pleased that I have be able to nail this over the last few days. I know there is work to do on it but hey for now I'm doing the first draft happy dance!
So, what's everyone else celebrating? I'll head round some blogs and find out. In the meantime, happy weekend to all.
We saw Stonehenge from the bus
I was pretty scared on the London Eye as I don't like heights!
A night time view from the Eye. Bit wobbly as I wouldn't go near the edge of the pods!
One of the many fabulous stained glass windows at Hampton Court