Monday 30 April 2012

The Hunger Games Trilogy

Following on from my post on, The Hunger Games, I can now report that I have finished the trilogy. As I mentioned previously this is not my usual genre of choice but I have thoroughly enjoyed it and would happily dip into another dystopian novel. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know. The second book, Catching Fire, takes up the story when Katniss and Peeta have left the arena and are embarking on the enforced Capitol 'celebratory tour.' Needless to say there are lots of rather unpleasant shocks and surprises in store for our victors. I won't reveal too much information on plot as I wouldn't want to spoil the story for anyone yet to read it. In the final instalment, Mockinjay, we are introduced to the infamous 'District 13' in detail. Is it the answer to all their problems or just another twist in the tale? During this final book we also see a different side to some of the familiar characters and the reader is sometimes left asking who the good guys really are. Whilst the phrase 'happy ending' might not exactly fit here, the trilogy is concluded to a satisfactory ending and the reader is left with a sense of  a brighter future for the residents of Panem.

And what am I reading now? Well after all that rather bloodthirsty action I thought I'd dip my feet into something a little more contemporary - Me Before You, by Jojo Moyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!