Friday 30 March 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I have just finished reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - what a page turner! Honestly couldn't put it down. My own writing is in the fantasy genre and consequently I read avidly within this area but I was so intrigued by the dystopian theme of  The Hunger Games I decided to read it and devoured it in a few days!

The suspense is intense at times not to mention brutal but it is written in such a way that you are drawn into the head of the main protaganist, Katniss Everdeen, sharing her thoughts and emotions as she copes with many agonising choices. I could picture the arena and the other 'tributes' entirely. In fact, although I would like to see the film, I wonder if it may alter my own interruptations. But I guess that does often happen when a book is adapted for film.

I had to rush out today to buy the second instalment, Catching Fire, and I am looking forward to continuing the saga.

Well done and thank you, Suzanne, for writing this trilogy I am sure it will prove extremely succesful  on screen too. Maybe it's something to do with the name Suzanne, who knows!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!